Sandie Fox was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. One of her first jobs was in the psychiatric unit of a hospital located in Mississippi. She discovered an appreciation for working with and helping others. Her work with the patients there confirmed her career direction.
Sandie believes creative pursuits develop harmony in life and has discovered expressive arts can be an integral part of the life-healing process. She also believes in sharing relevant information of her experiences to bridge the steps between therapist and client. As Sandie says; "I would like clients to know that I am empathic to their needs. I can tune in to where they are coming from." She is a strong advocate of the importance family and friends play in a person's recovery process.
Lifespan Counseling in Reno, NV gives Sandie the opportunity to engage her experiences and skills with those who are looking for a better quality to their lives and the lives of the families and friends along with help to address and progress the healing process.
State of Nevada, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#2105-C)
State of Nevada, Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (#304-L)
State of Nevada, since 3/28/03, Medicare Provider (#37582)
EMDR Therapy, Levels I and II. 2004
University of Nevada, Reno. School of Social Work. 1992. MSW
Vanderbilt University, Peabody College. Special Education. 1979. MA
University of Nevada, Reno. Social Psychology. 1973. BA
MEMBERSHIPS and ORGANIZATION OFFICES SERVED
• Member, International Society for the Study of Dissociation & Trauma (ISSTD), 5/05 - present
• Member, International Expressive Arts Therapy Association (IEATA), 2/05 - present
• Member, Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA) 9/04 - present
• Member, National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC), 9/03 - present
• Member, National Association of Social Workers (NASW):
* Nevada Chapter, 9/89 - present
* Member, Specialty Subsections:
* 4/98 - present “Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs:”
* 2/03 - present: “Aging,” “Mental Health,” and “Private Practice”
* Coordinator, Northern Branch, 7/94 - 6/96
* Chair, Women’s Issues Committee, 7/92 - 6/94
* Northern Region Student Representative, Board of Directors 1991 - 1992
* Committee on Gay and Lesbian Issues, 1990 - 1997
* Mississippi Chapter, 9/87 - 10/88
• President & Board Chair, Mediation Society of Northern Nevada, 12/92 - 4/94
• Member, Nevada Professionals against Abuse of Children, 1991 - 1994.
• Member, Nevada Network on Juvenile Sexual Offending, 10/89 - 06/96.
• Member, Quality Assurance Committee, Northern Nevada Child & Adolescent Services, 06/89 - 06/91.
• Intern Coordinator, Independent Living Task Force, Nevada State Welfare Division, 01/90 - 08/90.